Last week we announced a new product: it’s called the SmartWall® Service Portal. Our new product enables Internet Service providers and hosting providers to offer DDoS Protection as-a-Service (DDPaaS) to their tenants. The SmartWall Service Portal is one component of the Corero SmartProtect Program, a new initiative designed for a broad ecosystem of service providers – hosted, managed and ISP – which gives these operators the capability to deliver advanced DDoS attack protection as a premium high-value managed service to their tenants, with scalable deployment and a flexible procurement model. DDPaaS not only protects their tenants from the impact of devastating DDoS attacks, it provides an economic price point for providers.
The SmartWall Service Portal is coupled with our award-winning real-time DDoS mitigation technology, the SmartWall Threat Defense System (TDS). This always-on technology is capable of surgically mitigating a wide range of DDoS attacks at line rate, all while maintaining full connectivity to avoid disrupting the delivery of legitimate traffic. It is designed to handle large network-based DDoS attacks or floods, as well as short duration, low volume attacks that are typically too small to be detected by out-of-band solutions.
Why DDPaaS Technology Makes Sense
There are three reasons why the DDPaaS technology makes sense for service providers:
- Given their large attack surface and high profile, provider networks are enticing targets for DDoS attacks; such attacks are an everyday challenge for providers;
- Their enterprise tenants increasingly expect providers to offer DDoS protection, and they are willing to pay for such protection;
- The service and hosting markets are highly competitive, so providers need ways to differentiate themselves from the competition to retain existing tenants and attract new tenants.
Individualized DDoS Protection for Multi-Tenant Environments
The web application portal allows providers to onboard tenants, assign protection service levels and view dashboards for each enabled tenant. Tenants can login to an individualized view to access the relevant reporting and analytics of DDoS attack activity and subsequent protection they are receiving.
The SmartWall Service Portal provides real-time, per-tenant visibility and administration for:
- Traffic and attack dashboards, globally and per tenant;
- Role-based access for provider and tenants;
- Reporting and service alerting;
- Tenant life-cycle management functions.
With the SmartWall TDS and Service portal capabilities, providers can effectively protect their network from DDoS attacks, eliminate service outages and bandwidth loss due to attacks, and generate incremental service revenues and annuities from their tenants. Providers can achieve ROI from their DDoS mitigation investment in as little as just a few months.* A few years ago, such DDoS technology was not available; now, it’s the wave of the future.
*ROI varies, depending on protection service pricing models made available to provider’s tenants.
If you’d like to learn more about the Corero SmartWall TDS and Service Portal capabilities, please contact us.