Get yourself up to date with everything we’ve written in the last seven days – it’s weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
→ Can’t view the video on this page? Watch directly from YouTube. Can’t hear the audio? Click on the Captions icon for closed captions.
Monday 21 September 2015
- Guess what? Facebook “Dislike” scams are back…
- After iOS 9 launches, Ad blockers top the App Store chart
- Sexting teens banned from using their phones for a year
- Would you like to buy a Replay? 60 Second Security
Tuesday 22 September 2015
- Apple’s App Store hit by the XCodeGhost of malware present
- A sassy chatbot named Rose just won a big test of artificial intelligence
- 4chan sold to the man who inspired it
- Drone operator who startled police horses and baffles dogs gets fined
- Facebook lets you opt-out of targeted ads but it will still collect your data
Wednesday 23 September 2015
- Google’s ‘right to be forgotten’ appeal – France says ‘non!’
- Facebook: our cookies keep you safe from cyber terrorists!
- US senator blocks proposed surveillance law opposed by Facebook and Google
- “Give us an iOS 9 zero-day and we’ll give you $1 million”
Thursday 24 September 2015
- Change this setting to stop Siri spilling your selfies!
- Cyberbullying is worse than face-to-face bullying, teens say
- Google’s charging for YouTube ads it knows are from bots, researchers say
Friday 25 September 2015
- Smartphone passcodes are protected by the Fifth Amendment, says US court
- Microsoft Word Intruder gets down to business: Operation Pony Express
- What are you more afraid of – sharks or selfies?
- Uber users are paying for fraudsters to take rides in China
- Night-vision goggles to be used to thwart pirating of new Bond film
Saturday 26 September 2015
Sunday 27 September 2015
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.