Get yourself up to date with everything we’ve written in the last seven days – it’s weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
→ Can’t view the video on this page? Watch directly from YouTube. Can’t hear the audio? Click on the Captions icon for closed captions.
Monday 29 June 2015
- Latest Flash hole already exploited to deliver ransomware – update now!
- Cybersquatters giving some US presidential candidates a bad name
- Spearphishing gets personal as woman scammed out of £50k house deposit
- Stop Abuse Online site launches to help tackle cyberbullying
- One man emailed 97,931 people to tell them their passwords had been stolen
- Private eye jailed for hacking email of Scientology critics and others
Tuesday 30 June 2015
- Zeus and SpyEye crime syndicate taken down by Europol
- Dodgy app company that mined Dogecoins behind your back receives FTC penalty
- Drones in restricted area divert planes fighting wildfire
- BBC sets up list of news article links ‘forgotten’ by Google
Wednesday 1 July 2015
- Windows 10 Wi-Fi Sense feature shares your Wi-Fi network with your friends
- Surveillance court OKs NSA phone metadata collection for six more months
- TV’s newest hacker drama “Mr. Robot” is technically sound, morally ambiguous
- Apple lets rip with update spate: OS X, iOS, Safari, iTunes, QuickTime
- Hundreds of Dark Web sites cloned and “booby trapped”
- Twin prodigies-turned-hackers face long jail terms after pleading guilty
- PayPal backpedals on awful robocalling policy
Thursday 2 July 2015
- Smartphone anti-theft “kill switch” law goes into effect in California
- Mystery vandals are cutting fiber-optic cables in California – how worried should we be?
- SSCC 205 – Update early, update often! [PODCAST]
- Facebook Messenger now lets users send money to friends
Friday 3 July 2015
- Trump Hotel chain investigates potential payment card breach
- Shop in the Sophos Store – and say thanks to your very own IT rock star!
- MasterCard to trial pay-by-face for online purchasing
Saturday 4 July 2015
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.