Wow wow wow! What a week! This video is going out a couple of days late but if ever I had a good excuse for it, this week is the one. Scott and I are in Oslo this week having just flown in from London where we collectively scooped up 3 awards, one each at the European Blogger Awards and the big one (quite literally – the thing weights several kilos), the SC Award for Best Emerging Technology courtesy of Report URI. This is massive for us, and very, very unexpected too. We talk about why this week.
Further to that, there’s our experiences from the Infosec Europe conference, Scott’s talk about nomx (sorry – “multi-award-winning UK blogger Scott Helme’s talk about nomx”), and a few little bits around Microsoft’s purchase of GitHub and the biometric auth support now built into 1Password 7. I’ll be with Scott again at the end of this week so we’ll do another one together then. If there’s anything specific you’d like us to discuss, drop a note in the comments below. For now though, I we’re going to go and have a very, very quiet day…
- Scott’s use of inappropriate language caused a sudden stop to production (what exactly is he saying?!)
- I won the European Security Blogger Award Grand Prix Prize for the Best Overall Security Blog! (yes, I’m Australian, but here we are)
- And then Report URI won the Best Emerging Technology Award! (this, more than anything, totally took us by surprise)
- nomx makes a statement saying they’ve put the issue behind them (yes, it’s a statement saying they’re not thinking about it any more…)
- 1Password 7 for Windows shipped (integration with Windows Hello and biometric auth is awesome!)
- Gold Security is sponsoring my blog this week (as I say in the vid, support like theirs helps us do what we do, thanks guys!)